A tag from my very sweet friend
1. Describe yourself how you would describe a character you're introducing.
Lyn Harkeran wasn’t the prettiest young woman, nor was she homely or tragic to look at. Being an average girl of a humble background, she was more often than not satisfied with the simpler things and took pleasure in amusing herself with fantastical stories of far off places and friends she held very dear. And it was often in these moments of creativity that one could find the portly girl, sitting alone with her chocolate eyes dancing in the dim light of her home, hidden beneath a mass of dark curly hair and smiling cheeks the color of caramel. At times like these, despite her physical shortcomings, Lyn could truly be considered beautiful. For the beauty she crafted so carefully on the page, made up for everything else.
2. Is there any specific ritual you go through while/before/after your writing?
A good drink in hand (soda, ice water, coffee, hot chocolate, etc.) music or a specific song fitting what I’m writing, a comfy place to rest, and a good notebook/pen or my trust keyboard. ^^ Though when I’m out away from home I can write fine without these rituals. They’re just a nicer way to get lost into the oblivion of writing.
3. What is your absolute favorite kind of fic to write?
I actually don’t have a favorite that sticks. It honestly depends on the day. Somedays the more depressed angsty story is my cup of tea, and then the next I’m all fluffy and full of rainbows. I’m kinda strange that way. (Though period pieces (1800’s era) are a passion of mine. I think that’s why Her Gentleman, Chess Piece and Dancing into the Night are going so well.)
4. Are there any other fic writers you admire? If so, who and why?
I seriously hate the question. There are more fanfiction writers that I admire than I could ever hope to name. I have high respect for anyone who picks up fanfic and tries their best to make it a good tribute. It takes courage, hope, and more than a little bit of guts to shoulder it. I love everyone who tries. ^^ Though I’ll make a quick list of just a few of the writers here on DA that have made a difference to me.
5. How many words can you write if you sit down and concentrate intensely for an hour?
Maybe 2,000 if I’m really going at it and don’t get distracted or interrupted. I’m a slow writer. It doesn’t come fast or easy for me. Lol
6. First fic/pairing you wrote for? (If no pairing, describe the plot)
First fanfiction I ever wrote was for Jim Henson’s Labyrinth titled Goodbye is Not Forever: tarnisis.deviantart.com/galler…
It was a Sarah/Jareth pairing fic that took me almost 5 years to complete. XD It was my baby and I wanted it to be worthwhile. I ended it at an open mark knowing that someday I would revisit and write a sequel. ^^
The very general premise was several years after Sarah beat the Labyrinth and rescued Toby, Jareth the Goblin King ended up blackmailing her into returning to his Kingdom to become his Queen. I took some big liberties and made a complete culture for the Goblins and delved more into Jareth and Sarah’s pasts. As a writer it was a pioneering experience for me. I will always love GinF and respect my efforts to make it a good story.
7. Inspiration, time, or motivation. Choose two.
Time means very little to me where writing is concerned. I always find little moments to pen stuff down. So I’ll go with inspiration and motivation.
8. Why do you choose to write?
Because it completes me. I never feel more alive or in-tune with the world than when I’m writing something I have feelings for. I can see a million different lifetimes, discover things I’d never be privy to, and make friends with characters that don’t exist on our peaceful, little mundane earth. Writing is liberation and freedom. I’d have to be a fool not to want the beauty it brings.
9. Do you ever have plans to write anything other than fic?
Always have. I want to be a published author with at least one novel to my name before I die.
10. What inspires you the most?
Everything in life holds inspiration for me. But it truly depends on the writing. If I’m writing a fanfiction the most inspirational thing would be the characters from the book/movie/show/anime in action. (Watching or reading the original source to gain the flow and voice.) But with originals, it’s usually the people around me, or the little details of life that spark my creativity the most. Music that touches me, conversations I hear or have that get my brain thinking, relationships in my life that I add onto in my mind, etc.
11. Weirdest thing you've ever written/thought about writing/etc.?
I honestly have no idea. I write weird shiz all the time. XD Though I had an idea of writing a fic with Loki running away from the Trunchbull from Matilda and Thor laughing at his misfortunes from the sidelines . . . It was a total crackfic that I doubt will ever see the light of day.
12. A fic you wish you had written better, and why?
Any story I’ve ever written/posted/or edited. I’m never satisfied with my work, because it’s never exactly how I see it in my mind’s eye.
13. Favorite fic from another author?
Yet another impossible question! Seriously how can I decide on just one!? . . . Alright, how about the first fanfiction I ever read that got my obsession going? XD It’s one of the best Beetlejuice fanfics I’ve ever found.
Written by the wonderful Lucia Geuse- The Devil's in the Details: www.fanfiction.net/s/3585274/1…
14. Your favorite side pairings to put in?
Bwahahah! This question could have us here all day! X’D Though I’ll list some offish guilty pleasure shippings for me.
Snape/Hermione, Darken Rahl/Kahlan, Batman/Harley, Captain Hook/Older Wendy, Rumpelstiltskin/Emma, Hannibal/Clarice
15. Your guilty writing pleasure?
Daddy/Daughter fluff. I’m a suck for it and I always love reading/writing it.
16. Do you have structured ideas of how your story is supposed to go, or make it up as you write?
I sometimes have a basic idea of what I want, but usually (if the writing is any good) I go into a sort of trance and it writes itself. My best writing comes from me not knowing where it came from.
17. Would you describe yourself as a fast writer?
Heck no! I’m very, very slow. If I go fast it’s usually utter crap.
18. How old were you when you started writing?
11 years old is when I started writing, but I didn’t start writing fanfics until I was 13 and didn’t post until I was almost 14. I’m now 20 and feel like I haven’t progressed much as a writer. Lol But I’m happy so I guess that’s all that matters.
19. Why did you start writing?
Well, my brother bothered me to have writing sessions with him when I was younger because he wanted to share the creative spark with me. And between him and my best friend who encouraged me ( he passed away when I was 14 and made me promise to keep trying) my writing obsession was made.
20. Four sentences from your work that you're proud of?
Hmmm. . . Okay! Ima do five of them!
1. “I’m tired of fighting to get back, instead of fighting to get forward.” ~Lyn As Long As I Have You
2. What a funny world we live in, Kristina thought to herself. What irony that the villain will be a keystone in saving the hero. . . ~ Kristina Moran Sionis's Girl
3. "... Did you just liken me to a 'Disney' coquette who sings to mangy beasts and is tricked into touching a pointy object after specifically being told not to ???" ~ Loki Loki x Reader: Sleeping Beauty
4. Despite your changed course, you had gone from Hero to Villain and there was no going back. ~ Loki-x-Reader: Hero to Villain
5. Then as the sun slipped behind the clouds and the world grew ever darker the demon and his mate held onto each other. Thinking of the future and the past, both contented for what was to come and what adventures they would share. But most importantly, they rejoiced in the events that had brought them together. How it had morphed them from two separate pieces on a board to a Queen and her Knight. ~ Sebastian x Shy Reader: Chess Piece-Conclusion